What is Supta Vajrasana?
Supta means asleep. In this, you do this yoga practice by lying backwards while sitting in Vajrasana, due to which it is called Supta Vajrasana. If this asana is done properly then it has many benefits. It is a very beneficial yoga practice for back pain, constipation, respiratory diseases, blood circulation, abdominal fat, menstruation, thin waist, etc.
If you want to learn different types of yoga then you can join a Yoga Teacher Training India.
Method of doing Supta Vajrasana –
- First of all, you sit in Vajrasana and, taking the support of the elbows, slowly bend backwards and rest the elbows on the ground.
- Now slowly spread the arms straight and take them towards the back of the head, then lying on the back keeping the shoulders on the ground and keeping the knees together.
- Now bring the hands under the shoulders making the shape of a scissor and breathe slowly and then exhale slowly.
- Maintain this position according to you, then slowly come to your starting position.
- It was a cycle.
- In this way you can do 3 to 5 cycles.
Benefits of Supta Vajrasana –
Although there are many benefits of this asana, here are some of its important benefits.
1. Constipation: By practicing this asana, you can get control over constipation.
2. Abdominal Muscles: This asana should be practiced if you want to get rid of your loose moldy abdominal muscles. Not only this, it also keeps you away from many stomach related diseases.
3. Blood Circulation: This asana improves blood circulation and thus saves you from a lot of troubles.
4. Back Pain: With its regular practice, you can reduce your back pain.
5. Knee: It strengthens your knee.
6. Thighs: This is a very good yoga exercise for the muscles of your thighs.
7. Belly Fat: With regular practice of this asana, you can reduce belly fat.
8. spine: It also keeps the spine healthy while keeping it fit.
9. Asthma: With its practice, you can control your asthma to a great extent.
10. To slim the waist: By practicing this asana, you can make your waist slim, beautiful.
- In the practice of this asana, you should be careful while lying back.
- This asana should not be practiced if there are a lot of stomach problems.
- This yoga should not be practiced if there is pain in the hips.
- Do not do this if you have knee pain.
- Do not practice it even in back pain.