If you are looking for a solution to convert Mac OLM to Windows PST, you are in the right place. Here we are going to discuss the best techniques to complete the task.
Microsoft provides email programs for both Windows and Mac platforms, MS Outlook and Outlook for Mac, to support Exchange communication.
Outlook for Windows and Outlook for Mac has a comparable user interface and functionality. The distinction is that Outlook for Windows stores user mailbox data in PST files, whereas Outlook for Mac stores it in OLM files.
What is Mac OLM and Windows PST?
Microsoft Outlook for Windows supports two file formats: PST and OST. PST files are used to store data when Outlook is configured with POP3 accounts (however, Outlook stores data in OST files when users work in offline mode with Exchange account). In contrast, Outlook for Mac saves data in OLM format.
Now, knowing about the Mac OLM file and Windows PST file, then move towards the reason why users want this conversion
Reasons for Converting OLM to PST
We know that OLM files are not supported by Outlook for Windows. To view your OLM files in MS Outlook for Windows, you must first convert the OLM file to PST and then import the PST file into Outlook for Windows. As a result, when a user transitions from Outlook for Mac to Outlook for Windows, OLM files must be converted to PST.
The following are some of the most prevalent cases that necessitate OLM to Outlook PST conversion:
- The user is switching from a Mac to a Windows machine. As a result, they must switch from Outlook for Mac to Outlook for Windows. As a result, OLM to PST conversion is required.
- One is temporarily utilizing a Windows PC at work or at home. To view his Outlook for Mac emails, he must convert OLM to PST.
- It is necessary to restore data from orphaned OLM files.
Method to Convert Mac OLM to Windows PST
To transfer data from Outlook for Mac to MS Outlook, we use an IMAP account as a negotiator. So, initially, we must configure the IMAP account in Outlook for Mac, followed by Outlook. Data is from Outlook for Mac to the IMAP account in Outlook for Mac. Data is transported from the IMAP account to MS Outlook in MS Outlook.
This manual procedure consists of four major phases that must be completed.
Stage 1: Create an IMPA Enabled Gmail Account
1. Open Gmail, then go to Settings, then pick the Forwarding and
2. Check the state of IMAP; if it isn’t enabled, activate it and save the modifications.
Stage 2: Configure Gmail Account to Mac Outlook
1. Open Outlook for Mac, then go to the Tool tab and choose Accounts.
2. Now, choose Email and input your email address, password, and other information.
3. Enter IMAP server, SSL connection, SMTP server, and 465 as a port number, then click Add Account.
Stage 3: Export Mac Outlook Data to Gmail Account
1. Select the item you wish to transfer in Outlook for Mac.
2. Right-click on the desired folder and select Move > Copy to Folder.
3. Locate the name of your IMAP folder and choose Copy.
4. After that, use the Send/Receive button to update the IMAP folder, and all of your OLM emails should now be in the IMAP account.
Once the export process is done now you have to import the data that we have exported to Gmail now in the upcoming stage we import Mac OLM to Windows PST.
Stage 4: Import OLM Data to Outlook
1. Open the Control Panel and navigate to Mail>Email Accounts>New.
2. Select After manually configuring the server parameters, click Next.
3. Select IMAP/POP settings and then click Next.
4. Enter your IMAP account credentials, as well as your incoming and outgoing server information, and then select More Settings.
5. Select the Advanced tab, input the IMAP server’s 993 port number, and select SSL connection.
6. Enter 465 as the SMTP server’s port number and choose SSL connection, then click OK.
7. Now, press the Next button. It will take a few minutes, after which you should click Finish.
Once the task is completed all the Mac Outlook OLM to Windows PST and you can easily view all your Mac Outlook emails to Windows Outlook.
Best Approch to Convert Mac OLM to Windows PST File
Well as we see, the above method is so complicated and also time-winded. Now due to its complication, most of the non-technical users are not able to complete this task. Hence, to make this task easy here in this blog we are going to discuss the best approach that can easily help you to export Mac Outlook data to Windows Outlook.
OLM Converter is the tool that can help you export bulk OLM data to PST file format.
The best part about this tool is that you can convert Mac OLM files to other file formats such as EML, EMLX, HTML, CSV, PDF, and many others. So just go to the official site and download the tool and complete your conversion.
If you are looking for a solution to convert Mac OLM to Windows PST, then go through this blog. Here you will find free as well as automated methods that can easily help to export Mac Outlook OLM data to Windows Outlook PST file format.