Avast is a cybersecurity company that offers various paid and free tools for device and data security. You should install an Avast antivirus set up to keep the data and network security. For basic security tools, install the freeware of Avast. For network security, you have to purchase the license of Avast antivirus. You will get the subscription for a particular time and after the expiry, you need to renew the license. To prevent the expiry, users can enable the auto-renewal feature. But this feature is only available on a few Avast plans. After enabling this service, the Avast license will get auto-renewed and you will get billing on the provided bank account details. For disabling this service, you have to cancel the auto-renewal manually.
Cancel Avast auto-renewal from the account
The user can cancel his Avast auto-renewal service using the application. But when you don’t have the system then you can open your Avast antivirus account on any device and disable the service.
- Open a device and go to the browser
- Search for Avast antivirus
- Go to its homepage and tap on the My Profile tab
- Log in to your Avast antivirus account
- Select the Subscription window
- Click on your Avast antivirus plan
- You have to choose the Cancel button
- Avast confirmation tab will appear
- Select the Confirm option and wait
After the confirmation, go to the Avast subscription page. Inspect the expiry date of your Avast plan. Many Avast antivirus users didn’t cancel the subscription earlier as they have remaining days on the Avast plan. Even if you cancel your Avast subscription, you can use all your premium tools to date. So, you must cancel the subscription earlier and then use the Avast tools without the expiry concerns.
Cancelling Avast subscription after auto-renewal
Many people get to know about auto-renewal service when they get the bank details about the renewal. When you don’t need an Avast subscription then you should cancel it. Many of the Avast plans provide a refund on auto-renewal. But after you apply for the refund, the plan will expire and you can only use the free tools of Avast antivirus.
- Open Avast website on the browser
- Tap on the My Profile
- Provide login details and go to the profile page
- Click on the Subscription option
- You will see your auto-renewed plan
- Select the plan and hit the Cancel button
- Avast refund wizard will appear
- Select the Yes button
After applying for a refund, you will get the Expired status on the subscription window. The user will get his Avast refund in a few days.
Cancel your Avast subscription on iOS
Avast offers advanced phone security features for iOS devices. You can install Avast plans from the iOS from its App Store. After installing, if your Avast is in auto-renewal mode then disable it. After disabling you can use Avast features on iOS easily.
- Open App Store on the phone
- Select Profile icon
- Inspect the Apple ID
- Choose Subscription page
- Go to the Avast icon
- Hit on the Cancel
- Select the No Thanks to optioning in the Pause Subscription window
Choose Confirm and Avast auto-renewal will get disabled on your iOS.
Cancelling Avast license of Android
Avast has a free and paid plan for Android devices. For freeware, you can install the setup from the Play Store and use it directly. But when you need the premium plan, purchase the license. Once you get the Avast subscription, use its advanced tool. When you are using the Avast for a single year then disable its auto-renewal feature.
- Open your Avast antivirus app
- Click on Account and hit on Subscription
- When auto-renewal is enabled then go to Play Store
- Hit on the Profile icon
- Choose Payments and Subscriptions
- Select the Subscriptions option
- Now choose Avast antivirus
- Click on the Cancel button
Tap on Confirm and the subscription will get cancelled. Again, open the subscription page on Avast antivirus. Check the remaining days and use the features till the provided date.
Renewing your Avast antivirus license plan manually
After the license expiry, if the user wants to run the premium tools of Avast antivirus again then he can go for the renewal. You don’t have to purchase a new plan and reinstall the setup. If you still have the Avast application then open it and go to the subscription page. Select the Renew button and follow the screen. After renewing the Avast license, use its premium tools easily.